Windows Virtual Servers
Answers to frequently asked questions from customers who want to use online hosting services
To restore RDP access, you have to connect to the server console. You can log into the console through the VMmanager control panel.
More information can be found in the knowledge base.
By default, the deployed Windows virtual machine is configured with a firewall in which incoming ICMP packets are allowed, that is, the VPS should be "pinged". If the ping is gone, most likely one of the following events occurred:
- virtual server hosting was not paid on time and the server was disconnected by the billing system - fund your account and renew its action;
- the server administrator changed the network settings (IP address, subnet mask, gateway) issued during account registration - configure the network interface according to the settings issued upon registration;
- a firewall that blocks incoming ICMP packets was reconfigured - the absence of ping does not mean the inability to communicate with the server using another protocol, for example, RDP.
A virtual server is provided with full administrative access.
You can install any software that you need, also including game servers.
Oh, sure. You can install and configure the role of the terminal server and deploy 1C Accounting. All licenses required to use such software must be purchased separately.
VPS Windows from our company is a dedicated virtual server based on KVM virtualization technology under the Windows Server operating system.
It is the principles of KVM virtualization that ensure the guaranteed use of the resources allocated in the tariff. This means that the systems on your Windows server are given the maximum capacity of our hardware to achieve the highest performance.
Also, you can be sure that the nearby servers will somehow affect the performance of your VPS, or get access to data stored on your virtual machine.
- It is indispensable for organizing work with remote desktop (RDP), when users can access their workplace, without installing any additional software, from any device connected to the Internet. All processes run on a remote virtual Windows VPS and do not overload user devices at all. Employees have the freedom to work both from home and from the office. And the company saves money on purchasing additional equipment and gets the ability to control the workflow and access company data.
This connection virtually prevents the risk of data loss or unauthorized access. All information is stored on the server, not on the user's devices. Connection and access to the virtual desktop are performed by entering unique user logins and passwords.
- Great for remote work with 1-C accounting. In conditions of quarantine and restrictions on movement, the organization of safe remote work of employees is very relevant. Users can securely connect to work with the software regardless of their location with a Windows virtual server rental.
- This type of virtual hosting is ideal for programmers who develop sites on the .NET and SQL Server platforms, as well as for owners of sites created in the languages of this family.
- Also, if you plan to use Windows applications, MSSQL database management system or ASP.NET development environment, then renting a Windows server is an excellent choice for you.
Just like a Linux server, a dedicated Windows server is completely under your control. That is, you are the administrator of your virtual machine and at your own discretion, you install all the software you need, make settings for specific tasks, and make your work the most convenient and efficient.
If the tariff plan becomes insufficient for the stable operation of your business, you can order additional resources within the current tariff or switch to a higher tariff at any time.
- Simple and easy to use even without experience
Windows-based servers are convenient both for professionals and business owners who have little technical knowledge. Windows VPS is accompanied by a graphical user interface, which makes it ideal even for beginners. You'll find convenience everywhere, whether it's the interface itself, controls for hosting management, publishing, or changing website content.
- Various operating systems
When ordering a Windows virtual server, you can choose the version of the software that is relevant to the efficient operation of your processes. Server versions of Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019 are available for installation. In just a few minutes after your order and payment, the server will be automatically deployed. You will receive an information notification with access and you can immediately start setting up the service for your goals and projects.
In VPS Windows performance is significantly better than in shared hosting, because you virtually own the server, and all the resources declared in the tariff are actually allocated only for you. And the importance of the speed of loading web pages these days is extremely actual, especially in connection with updates of Google algorithms.
We provide server backup space in the same amount as the disk size of your current plan. You can protect your data by keeping up-to-date backups or creating a snapshot of your VPS at a specific time.
Administer your virtual environment with pleasure and enjoy the benefits of a reliable Windows server from RealHOST.