PHP 8.1 is available on RealHOST hosting!
We are glad to announce that the RealHOST hosting has an opportunity to use the PHP 8.1 version.
The developers have done a lot of work on optimizing the code and made the language more efficient. This is evidenced by an increase in data processing speed by 23% in the Symfony Demo test and an acceleration in the launch of WordPress sites by 3.5%.
PHP 8.1 has a number of nice updates, including:
- a never return type that tells the program that the function never returns (never can be used to indicate that the function will actually stop the application thread);
- readonly-properties that cannot be changed after the program is initialized (marking class properties for read-only access, information in such properties can be written only once);
- support for fibers, that is, blocks of code that can be started and stopped at any time (fibers, "green threads" - a low-level mechanism for concurrency control);
- support for Just-In-Time-mode for processors with ARM64 architecture;
- the ability to enumerate objects, which allows you to replace the declaration of constants inside a class with an enumeration of variables in the body of the enum function;
- and much more.
More detailed information about the innovations in PHP 8.1 can be found, as always, in the official blog of developers.
We wish you pleasant work!