From today on the hosting RealHOST, it became possible to use the PHP 8.0 version, officially presented at the end of 2020.
PHP 8.0 – this is a significant update to the PHP language. It contains a number of useful features and optimizations, including:
- Named Arguments - passing values in a function by name;
- Union Type - allows you to set explicitly two or more valid value types;
- Constructor Property Promotion - simplified definition of properties in the constructor;
- match selection operator (Match Expressions) - in some moments it is a more convenient replacement for switch;
- Nullsafe Operator – when calling the method chaining makes it possible to do without separate conditional checks for null;
- Just In Time Compilation – significantly improves efficiency when performing operations where processor performance is of prime importance.
- as well as improvements to the type system, error handling and consistency, and more.
PHP 8.0 support is present in all tariff plans.